Online Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training & Pregnancy Wellness Course
November 17 - December 14
The ShivaShakti Online Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training provides participants with a strong foundation in teaching asana (poses), pranayama (breath work), and meditation to pregnant women as well as including additional pregnancy wellness teachings. This 30-hour course focuses on teaching yoga practices that support a pregnant woman by both relaxing and strengthening her body and mind. All three trimesters are covered in detail and include both the development of the woman’s body and that of the growing fetus. A strong emphasis is placed on understanding the anatomical and physiological changes happening within a body during pregnancy and how yoga can support the health of a pregnant woman. Participants will learn how to adapt yoga poses to suit a pregnant body and how to sequence prenatal yoga classes.
One is educated in common discomforts of pregnancy, types of birth and birthing methods, and how yoga can prepare a woman for an easier birthing experience. This training provides participants with the knowledge necessary to be able to conduct a class with women in all stages of pregnancy. Instruction is given in pranayama (breathing exercises) and meditation to recognize fears/doubts around the birthing process and to encourage a peaceful state of mind for a pregnant woman. Technical classes explore specific yoga poses, modifications and contraindications, pranayamas (breathing exercises), meditations, and hands-on assists for pregnant bodies. Participants learn ways to empower women to trust in the innate wisdom and power of their bodies and to embrace pregnancy and birth as an incredible and transformative experience.
An Ayurvedic component is included in this course, with classes on how Ayurveda approaches fertility, pre-conception preparations, conception and pregnancy wellness. Postpartum is also covered briefly in this course with classes on the Ayurvedic approach to postpartum healing, and an intro to postnatal yoga and sequencing.
This course is perfect for yoga instructors or dedicated yoga practitioners wanting to gain the skills necessary to teach yoga to pregnant women. This course is also open to health care professionals working with pregnant women, doulas, midwives, nurses, etc who have some prior yoga experience. Pregnant women who would like a deeper understanding of how yoga can support their health and well-being during pregnancy are also invited to attend.
The Online Prenatal YTT & Pregnancy Wellness Course includes:
- Prenatal Classes- 1 pre-recorded video per week for 3 weeks, to be practiced or observed (approximately 60-75 min/week, Total of 3 videos)
- Postnatal/Mama & Baby Class- 1 pre-recorded video to be practiced or observed (approximately 60 min total)
- Techniques Classes- 1-2 pre-recorded videos per week for 4 weeks covering Prenatal Yoga contraindications, recommended poses and how to teach, sequencing prenatal and postnatal classes and leading guided meditations for pregnancy (approximately 60-120 min/week, Total of 7 videos)
- Ayurvedic Wellness and Philosophy Videos- 1 pre-recorded video per week for 3 weeks covering the Ayurvedic perspective on conception, pregnancy and postpartum (approximately 30-50 min/week, Total of 3 videos)
- Anatomy & Physiology Videos- 2 pre-recorded videos per week for 2 weeks covering Stages of Pregnancy, Fetal Development and Types of Birth with a Labor & Delivery Nurse (approximately 45-60 min/week)
- Interview with a Certified Home-birth Midwife- 1 pre-recorded video covering information about birthing at home and in free-standing birth centers (approximately 60 min total)
- Question & Answer sessions responding to participants questions each week (1 per week for 4 weeks)
There are also usually 2 homework assignments each week, including written prompts in response to the videos and prenatal practice teaching. This course also includes an interactive component with other course participants on an online forum. The instructors are available throughout the course to answer questions online and offer weekly recorded Q&A sessions in response to participants questions each week. Allot about 7-8 hours/week for completion of all course material. Participants may save links to all the recorded material for on-going access to all course material after the course ends.
Early Registration Rate: Registered by August 1, 2020: $295.00 USD
Regular Rate: Registered by November 10, 2020: $395.00 USD
Registration: To register, submit the application below and pay for the tuition.
Pre-requisites: Completion of a 200-hour YTT or substantial prior yoga experience. For healthcare professionals working with pregnant women or pregnant women interested in attending this course who have not completed a 200-hr YTT, contact us for details.
Continuing Education Credits: 30 non-contact CE hours are available with Yoga Alliance for the Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training. Please notify us before the training if you wish to receive CEs. Please note: This course does not certify one at the RPYT level, but does certify one to lead Prenatal Yoga classes.
Application Deadline for Nov/Dec 2020 Course: November 10, 2020
Step 1: Fill out and submit the application below or contact us to receive an application by mail.
Step 2: Once an application has been submitted, you will be redirected to a payment page. Please submit full payment for the course. Once your application and payment are received, your application will be reviewed. An application will not be reviewed without payment.
Step 3: An acceptance packet, which includes additional information about the training will be e-mailed to the applicant within 2 weeks after the application and deposit have been received.
Please only submit an application if you are seriously planning to attend if accepted. Thank you.
ShivaShakti School of Yoga does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, age or body shape.
- Click Here to Open Application
- Fill out my online form.